Thank you for registering for the Brexit event held at The Clanree Hotel on Tuesday 26th June 2018 in partnership between Letterkenny Chamber and InterTradeIreland. It is clear that there are many, many questions for which concrete answers are simply not available. But the focus was to highlight that there are many ‘no risk’ actions that can be considered now, which will have a positive impact for your business no matter how Brexit ultimately pans out.
The following is a quick recap of the key themes, recommended actions and also useful contact information.
Brian Murphy - Irish Exporters Association
· Preparation is key - Brexit is a disrupter, but business can focus on the opportunities this disruption can bring by auditing your supply chain and improving costs and efficiencies.
· Know what is needed to export - There is a minimal data set required for customs declarations e.g. origin of goods, tariff codes, valuation, and customs procedures codes. Understand what they mean and who is responsible for what data.
· Know where to look - TARIC is an EU database managed by the EU that provides information on compiling your own tariff codes. There are many similar data bases that allow you to access the paperwork needed when trading with a non-EU country.
www.intertradeireland.com , www.europa.eu , www.ibec.ie , www.irishexporters.ie , www.britishirishchamber.com , www.isme.ie , www.letterkennychamber.com; http://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/dds2/taric/taric_consultation.jsp?Lang=en
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?
· Take the help that is available!
- Apply for the €2,000 (incl VAT) Funding Support Voucher from InterTradeIreland at http://www.intertradeireland.com/brexit/vouchers/
- Speak to SBCI if you would like to apply for the Brexit Loan Scheme at 1800 804482 or firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Don’t be obsessed with Brexit – business comes first – but don’t ignore it either and use the help and support to be as prepared as possible
If you have any follow up queries, please contact the InterTradeIreland Brexit Team on 048 3083 4100 or email email@example.com